Hazard Risk and Vulnerability Assessment (HRVA)
of Disaster Management
rotating image
Sh. Jai Ram Thakur
Hon'ble Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh
Mrs.Manisha Nanda
Additional Chief Secretary(Revenue) & Member Secretary, SDMA
NoticeBoard
Welcome to Disaster Management Web Portal
Introduction
Disaster Management : Disaster Management'" refers to manage disaster response in the country.India has been traditionally vulnerable to the natural disasters on the account of its unique geo-climatic conditions. Floods, droughts, cyclones, earthquakes and landslides would have been a recurrent phenomena. About 60% of the landmass is prone to earthquakes of various intensities; over 40 million hectares is prone to floods; about 8% of the total area is prone to cyclones and 68% of the area is susceptible to drought. In the decade 1990-2000, an average of about 4344 people lost their lives and about 30 million people were affected by disasters every year.
 
No. of Visitor : Total No. of Visitor
Designed and Developed by Aryabhatta Geo-informatics & Space Application Centre (AGiSAC), under the aegis of HIMCOSTE.